This time of year, many of us, especially in more populated urban areas like Reading, have problems with mice and rats entering our homes.
These scavengers are highly destructive, breed at an alarming rate and spread germs and disease, so it's only natural that we want to get rid of them as quickly as possible.
However, there are a great many reasons why you should not attempt to do this yourself. Here we explain why it's a job that should only be tackled by professionals.
Rat Control measures don't work
Mice and rats are highly intelligent creatures, and very quickly learn to change their behavioural patterns, such as learning to avoid traps.
Glue boards can have some success at catching mice, but rats are larger and stronger, and can simply pull them away.
Poisons are a very bad idea for a variety of reasons:
- They don't work. Poisons bought from retail outlets often don't work as the rats have become resistant to them and can actually feed on them, increasing the infestation rather than controlling it.
- They can lead to other hygiene problems. Poisons can cause mice and rats to die in walls and other inaccessible areas of the home, which can create terrible smells and also potentially cause your home to become infested with maggots and flies.
- They're dangerous to children and pets. Poisons can be highly dangerous to children, as rat pellets are usually kept on the floor so children have easy access to them, and they often look like sweets. They can cause serious illness if eaten by a child, and can also prove fatal to household pets including dogs and cats.
You can catch diseases
Mice and rats carry a lot of diseases, some of which can transfer to humans, including salmonella, Weil's Disease and Rat Bite Fever. These diseases transfer to humans in a variety of ways:
- Contact with items contaminated with rodent droppings, urine, blood or saliva
- Handling dead rodents
- Being bitten or scratched by a rodent
- Eating or drinking anything that has been touched by mice or rats
- Breathing air contaminated with rodent waste
Call the professionals
At Pest Control Berkshire, we have over 25 years' experience of dealing with mouse and rat infestations, with proven success rates in Reading, Newbury, Thatcham, Hungerford and surrounding areas.
We know what works and what doesn't, and we have the knowledge and equipment to provide you with a professional and permanent rat control solution. Call us today and see the back of mice and rats for good.
Did you find this article useful/ helpful/ interesting? Perhaps you know someone who would enjoy reading it?
Here's the full link:- https://www.pestcontrolberkshire.com/blog/mouse-and-rat-control-call-an-expert