The Oxford English Dictionary defines the word pest as, “a destructive insect or other animal that attacks crops, food, livestock,
etc.” The origin of the word actually goes back to the 15th century in France, when the word ‘peste’ was used to denote the bubonic
Thankfully, massive epidemics like the bubonic plague are largely a thing of the past in Europe. However, the insects and animals that
have long plagued crops and livestock still annoy us today. At Pest Control Services, our job is to control those pests on your
behalf. Contact us if you are having any trouble with:
- Ants – There are a number of different kinds of ants found in the UK. Some are completely harmless while
others can carry disease or inflict a painful bite. In either case, they need to be dealt with as soon as they are noticed.
- Bed Bugs – Despite their reputation for preferring dirty environments, bed bugs can thrive anywhere.
They are also hard to get rid of. You should definitely leave bed bugs to a company like Pest Control Services.
- Bees – The common honeybee is what we normally see in the UK. In most cases, a swarm can be relocated without harm to the nest,
but it should be left to professionals. Call us if you have a bees nest or swarm on your property.
- Beetles & Cockroaches – Beetles and cockroaches can present pretty substantial problems.
Beetles cause structural damage to buildings while cockroaches can carry disease. Pest Control Services can eliminate both
of these pests.
- Fleas – You know how uncomfortable it can be for both you and your pets when fleas are present. Although
they do not carry disease, fleabites are very annoying. Do not live with a flea infestation on your property; let Pest Control
Services take care of it for you.
- Flies & Moths – There are thousands of varieties of flies and moths present in the UK. Moths
can harm vegetation, textiles, and furniture, while flies are capable of carrying diseases. If you are having a problem with
either, let us help.
- Grey Squirrels – Grey squirrels may be fun to watch, but they are aggressive and destructive.
We recommend you never try dealing with squirrels on your own. Instead, call the experts at Pest Control Services.
- Moles – Nothing is more detrimental to paddocks, parks, gardens, and farmland than moles. At the first sight of moles on your property, call a pest control service like ours.
- Rats & Mice – As you know, rats and mice carry disease. They can also cause collateral damage
to property. Rather than ignore rat and mice sightings hoping the rodents will go away, have them taken care of immediately.
There is currently a significant rat problem in the Reading area; this requires commercial quality bait.
- Wasps & Hornets – Stings from wasps and hornets can be extremely painful, so it is best
to have nests taken care of by experts. Also, be careful about wasps due to their aggressive nature. We recommend you do not
attempt to handle nests on your own.
Pest Control Services are the most competitive pest controllers for the Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire, north Wiltshire, parts
of south Buckinghamshire, and north Hampshire areas. Please allow us to put our knowledge, skill, and experience to work for you,
to eliminate pests from your property.
We offer same day, cost-effective, accredited, pest control throughout the West Berkshire area as well as Reading town centre, Wokingham
and the surrounding areas. We have been established for over 25 years.
If you need a professional, approachable pest control company in Reading, Newbury, Thatcham, Hungerford or throughout the surrounding
area, please call us, Control Services Pest Management. We’ll be delighted to help you and answer any questions you have without