Even though the whole country is bound to rejoice if this summer turns out to be a warm and sunny one, we will still have to deal with the unfortunate consequences of sultry conditions - wasps and bees.
A useful guide on how to deal with wasps and bees
Preventing wasps and bees from entering your home
How to deal with wasps and bees
Having said that, there are a few ways you can limit your exposure to wasps and bees to the great outdoors rather than inside your home.
How to prevent wasps from entering your home
- Secure your bins - In addition to keeping bins away from the doors and windows of your home, you should also make sure they have tightly fitting lids. That way, wasps and bees won't be attracted to the contents within.
- Keep windows and doors shut - While opening windows and doors will provide respite from searing hot temperatures inside your home, this can also attract wasps and bees. So whenever possible, keep windows and doors shut.
- Look for nests and treat early - Nests can start to appear from early spring onwards but may only be the size of a golf ball. Commonly found in lofts, garages, sheds, cavity walls, and under eaves, early treatment is imperative to prevent bigger problems in the summer.
How to deal with wasps and bees in and around your home
- Use DIY products - Foggers and stickers can be used to get rid of wasps and bees, while sprays are available to tackle nests. However, you will need to read and follow the instructions of each product carefully.
- Take necessary precautions - When using DIY products for nests, you should wait until late evening or night time, as worker and scout wasps and bees will have returned. Also, wear protective clothing such as goggles, gloves, and a dust mask.
- Use a professional pest controller - If you do not want to use DIY products or go near wasps and bees, then you should use the services of a professional pest controller. They will have the experience and expertise to eradicate wasps and bees from your home in a quick and effective way.
What to bear in mind with wasps and bees
For homes in and around the Reading area, the early treatment of wasps and bees is the best way to keep you and your family safe from painful stings. While preventative measures and DIY products can provide sufficient protection, the only way to truly eradicate wasps and bees is by employing the services of a professional pest controller.
We are a professional Pest Control Company operating throughout West Berkshire and the Reading area. We also cover parts of south Oxfordshire, east Wiltshire, and north Hampshire. Our quotes and advice are free; our charges extremely reasonable and our work is of the highest standards.
Did you find this article useful/ helpful/ interesting? Perhaps you know someone who would enjoy reading it?
Here's the full link:- https://www.pestcontrolberkshire.com/blog/how-to-deal-with-wasps-and-bees-berkshire-pest-experts